Founded in 1921 Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. The North American region consists of multiple surface and underground operations spread throughout Northern Nevada and our Cripple Creek and Victor Mine in Colorado. Newmont prides itself on safety and embraces diversity, engages employees, fosters innovation, rewards high performance and develops great leaders.
Are you an accounting or finance professional ready for a career in the mining industry? Newmont Mining is currently looking for an experienced accountant that will support financial decision-makingby collecting, analyzing, investigating, and reporting financial data.
- Account Reconciliations -analyze, research, and reconcile account activity
- Prepare journal entries requiring complex computation and analysis
- Analyze and explain variances for multiple areas
- Interact with management to assist them in understanding variances
- Assist in identifying efficiencies and cost saving ideas
- Work with occasional supervision from Accounting Management
- Responsible for accounting, budgeting, and forecasting in a specific operational area or function
- Perform economic evaluation of projects
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of accounting experience or six (6) years related experience
- Intermediate understanding of accounting concepts and theory-familiarity with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) concepts
- Intermediate knowledge of financial software
- Ability to interpret and communicate accounting information to accounting and operations personnel
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of mining terminology and operations
- Intermediate problem solving-recognizes semi-routine patterns and relationships when analyzing information
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 39180957 elko