Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:04 AM
Benefits Offered Dental, Vision, Medical, 401K, Life
Employment Type Full-Time
Why Work Here?
“Great people, technology, benefits”
Maptek™ is the leading provider of innovative software, hardware and services for the global mining industry. We provide our clients with mine planning software, laser scanners, and professional services – both here in North America and throughout the world. We pride ourselves in being an exceptional place to work, which is supported by the high number of long term employees we have and the phenomenal growth we have experienced over the years.
The search is for a Business Development Manager and this position is open due to growth. The focus for this role will be on Maptek’s Mine Measurement Solutions including scanning, slope monitoring, and design conformance analysis. This person can be located in Elko NV, Tucson AZ, or Denver CO and he/she will be responsible for selling Maptek software and hardware solutions in the West / Southwest US and other clients in North America.
● Contribute to meeting or exceeding annual revenue targets through sales of Maptek’s products and services.
● Focus on Southwest / West US with responsibilities that can extend to other clients in North America.
● Work very closely with the North American Marketing and the rest of the Sales Team to identify priority opportunities to provide solutions to new and existing clients.
● Create new or utilize existing Maptek contacts to gain access to clients.
● Travel to and meet with existing and potential client companies to ascertain their needs, pain points, challenges and present the benefits of utilizing Maptek solutions.
● Coordinates with the rest of the Sales Team and Tech Services Team to move the sales process forward by arranging on-target demos that address client needs and interests.
● Contribute to the development of annual sales plans and forecasts.
● Develop and nurture relationships with decision makers (primarily upper and middle management) at new or existing client offices.
● Develop a clear understanding of the value proposition of each Maptek solution and their applications to each client’s unique situation.
● Develop knowledge in the product range and apply sales skills to maximize benefits.
● Provide Maptek Engineers and Software Developers with product enhancement suggestions derived from customer input.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
● Strong background and experience in the mining industry.
● Proven track record in technical sales or strong sales aptitude.
● Experience with mining software is highly preferred.
● 5-10 years previous sales / technical sales experience preferred.
● Previous surveying experience highly desirable.
● Ability and willingness to manage complete sales process working in conjunction with a strong technical team.
● Ability to work constructively with a diverse group of people, attitudes, and expectations in local and international Maptek offices.
● Ability and willingness to generate new leads.
● Ability to use Salesforce and MS Office Suite.
● Ability to deal with multiple, competing demands and prioritize appropriately.
● Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
● Able and willing to travel 50% and up to 75% of the time.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Maptek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for non-U.S. citizens.
• Location: Elko, Elko, NV
• Post ID: 41713392 elko