Founded in 1921 Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. The North American region consists of multiple surface and underground operations spread throughout Northern Nevada and our Cripple Creek and Victor Mine in Colorado.
Newmont prides itself on safety and embraces diversity, engages employees, fosters innovation, rewards high performance and develops great leaders.
Newmont seeks a blasting technician who will be responsible for the safe and reliable blasting operations including priming, loading, tying in, stemming and detonation activities. Come bring your blasting skills to Newmont.
- Lead by example, in all Newmont safety processes, ensuring complete safe practices and environmental compliance.
- Establish safe blasting perimeter according to company policy.
- Safely prime, load, stem, tie in and guard patterns according to blast design.
- Ability to detonate blast pattern using electronic and nonel initiation equipment.
- Transport blasting agents throughout Newmont property in accordance with company policy.
- Accurately maintain inventory logs on a daily basis or as necessary.
- Attend, participate and conduct daily/monthly safety and QA/QC meetings
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all in clusive.
Training & Experience
- Previous blasting and/or mining experience desired, but not required.
- Applicants must have a willingness to work wherever needed to assure the success of Newmont including night, rotating and/or weekend shifts as well as being able to maintain safe and adequate work surroundings that are in compliance with our environmental policies and procedures.
- Must meet requirements of all State and Federal explosive laws (possessor of explosives - as defined by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives BATFE).
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 40182937 elko