WorkRocket • Elko, NV 89801
Full-Time | Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts | Installation - Maint - Repair
Why would you work as a mechanic servicing only one brand of products? Instead, imagine working on all types of equipment and benefiting from an across-the-board mechanical education giving you a larger, more valuable knowledge base!
Earn more here than with the competition through a more rewarding pay structure, and never worry about being laid off due to the season or lack of work. This is a company that wants to keep you around for the long term, and will work with you on finding your strengths and supporting your career interests within the organization.
Smith Power Products is searching for Service Technicians to work out of their branch in Elko, NV. In this role you will be servicing a variety of types and brands of mining equipment at customer’s locations or out of the Elko shop. Once you get comfortable with the product lines you will be trusted to travel, make repair route decisions, and complete the repairs on your own. There is a large team supporting the product lines within the company that you can rely on to help you get up to speed or make hard calls. You will enjoy having a consistent schedule with additional shifts available.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Above average pay structure – With overtime after 8 hours a day, you will be making more than with the competition. You will not be limited on the amount of overtime you wish to work. (To best assist our customers, typical shifts are 12 hours plus travel to match the mining shifts.)
- Awesome benefits – The Company offers a rolling medical HRA program which allows funds to accumulate year after year, meaning your health insurance is practically self-funded. Any travel expenses will be covered, and a service truck is provided.
- Company paid training – They will train you on all equipment before you go out on your own. The company offers lots of “on the job training” and can even pay for and send you to OEM training as well.
- Safety as a way of life – This is not an environment where you can be slack about safety rules. Because you will be working in a mining environment, you must be safety conscious at all times and encourage safe behavior in a positive way.
- Company culture – This is an organization that is big enough to pay well but small enough to treat you well. Being a part of this team truly feels like being a valued part of a family!
- Long term opportunities and advancement – The company encourages you to follow your interests and will help you achieve your career goals by utilizing your talents any way they can. If you want to move up, there is a direct path for advancement for you. If you crave a change, they would rather help you find a different path at the company than lose you all together.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include "WR 15067 - Service Technician" in the subject line, or your resume may be overlooked.
About the Company: Smith Power Products, Inc. is the authorized distributor for MTU, Detroit-Diesel, DEUTZ, Allison Transmission, Ford Power Products and GE Power & Water Jenbacher products for the Western United States. Our highly trained staff’s depth of experience allows us to undertake full maintenance service agreements for all our products.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you have the following, they want to hear from you:
- Any kind of engine repair or maintenance experience (automotive, diesel, Ag, military, construction, small engine, etc.)
- An extremely safety conscious mindset
- The dedication, willingness, and passion for learning to drive you to become the best in your field
- The desire to make a career at Smith Power Products
• Post ID: 38485712 elko